Who can apply?
SWARM was originally started to encourage Anaesthetic & Intensive Care Medicine trainees in the South West Peninsula Deanery to become more involved in research. Our membership has now extended to include research nurses, medical students and other enthusiastic people! If you are interested in SWARM and are not sure if you are eligible to join, then please contact us.
What are the benefits of membership?
Being a SWARM member will allow you to:
- Have access to the member's area of our website which contains further information about upcoming projects
- Become involved in the planning and running of our upcoming research projects
- Submit proposals for further research projects that will be considered for support by the SWARM network
- Be recognised for your hard work on the project pages of our website
- Be eligible to present our data at local, regional and national levels
How do I apply?
1. The first step is to register with webs.com who are the company that host this website. This can be done using the link below:
2. After doing this, you will receive an email from us which will ask you to complete your membership profile. This data will allow us to provide you with information about projects that are relevant to you. It is confidential and is stored on a central database which can only be accessed by members of the SWARM executive committee. Please note:
You will need to have read the SWARM constitution and agree to abide by the terms that are detailed within it.
In order to participate in some of our studies, you will need to have completed GCP ICH training. SWARM provides an opportunity to do this at our Annual General Meetings. In addition, we can provide details for courses that run regularly in your local Trust.